Use this space to post questions (and answers if you have them), tips and tricks, etc about the Pecha Kucha assignment. If you have questions or problems signing up for your drop box account and/or saving your file to the drop box file for our class, here's a good place to ask that as well.
I'll try to check frequently and answer promptly.
Remember that you can consult with me via text or email (or we can set up a google hangout thing) to talk about your particular project during my online office hours, Thursday AM, 9:00 until 12:00.
Just as a general reminder, here is info I've cut and pasted from the Pecha Kucha assignment page on this site.
- A Pecha Kucha requires 20 slides at 20 seconds per slide. This is non-negotiable. It is like saying you need to write a 10 page paper, not a 9 page paper and not an 11 page paper, but a 10 page paper.
- You will locate or produce 20 images, one per slide. There is some wiggle room here, as you’ll see in any examples you check out. You might repeat images. You might add to an image for a second 20 seconds on the same image.
- Using the “RECORD SLIDE SHOW” feature in PowerPoint, which is located on the “SLIDE SHOW” tab, you will actually record your twenty, 20 second scripts for each of your slides.
- If you are wondering, this means you are recording a 6 minute, 20 second presentation.
- You have the option to work ALONE or in pairs to complete this project. You don’t need to meet to do it. You could do this largely online. YOU CAN’T USE THE GOOGLE DOCS VERSION OF POWERPOINT TO DO THIS ASSIGNMENT. It won’t work because you can’t record in the google.doc version.
- To use the template I made for your Pecha Kucha and for a copy of the instructions I passed out in class on how to record your Pecha Kucha script, click here.
For a general introduction to Pecha Kucha and a sample presentation, click here .
To re-watch my Pecha Kucha on our class reading from Wolfgang Iser click here.