OVERVIEW: As I mentioned in my intro to our course, I intend this course to help professionalize you and I don't mean that in a soft way. I would like to insure that you leave this class with things you can put on your resume. To that end, I would like for your to weigh in on some possible in-class experiences that would lead to a line on a resume or a vita. We can do one or more of these as a class. I can also put you in small groups based on interest.
Create and propose a social media plans for an area Black-owned business
Contribute to/manage the social media for the BSU English Department
Write a considerable number of articles for The Comment (BSUs student newspaper).
Create and manage a blog on a topic of your design
Develop and host a reading of student work (your own and/or others)
Additionally, students should plan on presenting at the STARS all-campus conference at the end of the semester, which is something you can put on your resume.
WHAT TO POST
Please rank, in order, which three of these possible experiences you would like to be a part of.
1/29/2021 11:00:23 am
I would really engage with:
1/29/2021 11:02:02 am
1 Write articles for the Comment
1/29/2021 11:02:05 am
1. Write a considerable number of articles for The Comment
1/29/2021 11:02:23 am
1. Contribute to/manage the social media for the BSU English Department
1/29/2021 11:02:48 am
1/29/2021 11:02:50 am
1. Create and manage a blog on a topic of your design
1/29/2021 11:02:58 am
1. Write a considerable number of articles for the Comment (BSUs student newspaper)
1/29/2021 11:02:59 am
1. Write a considerable number of articles for The Comment (BSUs student newspaper).
1/29/2021 11:03:03 am
1. Write for The Comment (I've been part of The Comment for a couple semesters now and it's lots of fun to come up with article ideas and have them published for others to read)
1/29/2021 11:03:05 am
1. Contribute to the BSU English Department social media website
1/29/2021 11:03:40 am
I would like to:
1/29/2021 11:03:45 am
1. Create and propose a social media plans for an area Black-owned business
1/29/2021 11:04:11 am
1) Develop a reading of student work -- it is rare that as student writers we get a space to share our creative work publicly, that would be nice
1/29/2021 11:04:12 am
1: Hosting a reading of student work
Brittany Ann Oppenheimer
1/29/2021 11:04:54 am
1. Develop and host a reading of student work.
1/31/2021 10:27:03 am
1. social media for black-owned businesses
Leave a Reply.
Torda and the 489s
We'll use this space for synchronous and asynchronous work this semester. Q&A discussion board is housed in February archives of this blog. I check it weekly.