For our second post, we are going to combine the skills that you practiced in the first post with practice writing about multiple texts at the same time--in other words, putting texts in conversation with each other. This is an important skill for research writing. Research is the bringing together of many ideas--of your own and the ideas of others--into conversation with each other. It's like a big dinner party where many people are talking all at once about one subject.
Before you Post: Please take a look at this list of VERBS FOR INTRODUCING SUMMARIES AND QUOTATIONS.
For your Post:
1. You have 300 words for this post. it's still not that many words.
2. Use at least 5 different verbs from the introducing summaries and quotations lists.
3. Identify what each argument is separately.
4. Identify the ways these essays are connected to each other, in terms of argument.
5. Identify the ways these essays are different from each other, in terms of argument.
ENGL 102 Winter 2021/22
Use this space as a discussion board. Questions about what to do? Read the prompts for each assignment and read the Discussion Board Assignment Page for info on evaluation.