Remember the Assignment due on Friday, 21 January 2022 (our last online class) at 11:15 AM:
Syllabus/Policies Check-in Assignment: due by Friday at 11:15
Good for you. You got to the end of the policies. To reward you, you have the opportunity to earn one "A" for Acceptable for a Reading Journal simply by completing the following assignment.
1. Send me an email at email@example.com, CC me at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. In the subject line, write "Syllabus Check-in Email". Write it exactly as I've written it here.
3. In the body of the email, include a greeting: "Hello LT," "Hi Professor Torda," "Hey Dr. Torda." Whatever. But have a greeting.
4. Cut and paste this sentence into the email: "I've read through the policies and syllabus for the course, and I understand how to use the blackboard to find out information about assignments, texts, course policies, due dates, and classroom expectations."
4. POST TO THIS CLASS DISCUSSION BOARD: Ask me oe questions about any thing on my website for our class: policies, due dates, classroom expectations, assignments. You can't tell me you have no questions.
5.IN YOUR EMAIL TO ME: Include a meme or tic-toc of your choosing or design that sums up how you are feeling about being in school so far.
6. Sign off on your email, "best, so & so" "see you in class, your name here" "sincerely, John Doe." Again, whatever. But sign off on your email.
Use this space to post your one question about our class.
HOW DO I POST?
Easy. Click on the Comment or Reply button and follow the prompts in the dialogue box. Hit submit. You are done.
Also, don't forget to claim a time for your 3 minute conference with me during Friday's Class time. Use this link to sign up.
Zachary Tyler Oliveira
1/19/2022 09:02:49 am
Will we need to buy any books for class?
1/20/2022 10:19:49 am
What is the biggest difference between English 101 and 102
1/19/2022 09:03:31 am
What is the difference between semester 1 journals and semester 2 journals?
1/19/2022 11:01:33 am
Will we sign up for a meeting time for writing fellow because I have a class at 1220 after your class? Will it be like what we did with Courtney? Also, can you help teach me how to do better at citations for mla and apa format. I never got a real lesson on footnotes and citations?
1/19/2022 11:47:36 am
Do you plan on keeping your office hours on zoom, or changing them for in-person during the semester?
1/19/2022 11:50:54 am
Can we use a different program, when recording our Pecha Kucha's, to make sure it saves without having to re-record our scripts?
1/20/2022 07:28:17 am
Will there be any pop quizzes throughout our classes
1/20/2022 09:38:52 am
How much harder/easier is this class compared to the semester 1 class?
1/20/2022 01:49:41 pm
Whats your Favorite color?
Madeline Von Ruden
1/20/2022 06:30:51 pm
Will most of our work and writing assignments be done in class?
1/21/2022 06:43:02 am
When we talked about doing "research" in this class. Will you be able to guid us with this? Ive never been the type to be good at researching, if that makes sense.
1/21/2022 07:31:55 am
When we are in class, will we have time to write and get your help if we need it? Or since we are only meeting three times a week for 50 minutes, will we have to do the writing on our own?
1/24/2022 10:09:14 am
Will we be getting any pop quizzes in this class?
1/24/2022 10:51:49 am
Are you expecting your students to have a difficult time in your class based off workload?
Leave a Reply.
We'll only use this space when we can't physically be together or when its useful for everyone to see what everyone else is doing.